Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Forecast calls for???

Sun, hopefully.

I have been wanting to post updated photos of some finished projects and works in progress, but the light has been terrible. Cloudy weather may make for better outdoor photos, but not-so-much for those indoor photos. Damn.

So, hopefully this weekend There Will Be Sun.

I'm knitting the collar to my dad's sweater; that part should be completed this evening. Then it's on to a single crocheted edging, which should not take long. Afterwards will be the long process of sewing in a zipper. I want to do it right, but it's not the funnest part. I hope my neighbor will agree to try it on so I can zipper it up properly.

I must say, however, that the seaming of said sweater was not difficult or taxing. I was quite surprised! I still have ends to weave in, but I am quite happy with the seams.


I have also finished the knee-high socks for my mother-in-law. Just in time, as Rodrigo is set to leave for Ecuador in about 10 days. I have those ends to weave in as well. I'll probably give them a proper wash, but I don't have knee-high sock blockers, so we'll see how it goes.

Anyone seen The Hurt Locker?

No comments: