Sunday, September 14, 2008

Move completed

Yet lots of unpacking left to do.

At least all my yarn is intact.

I have yet to unpack the kitchen or scrub down the cabinets. Hope to get that done today. The apartement is relatively clean, but I just like to get rid of the previous tenants grime.

The drive up from Phoenix was long, but manageable. I drove the car with the two dogs, while R and my dad took turns driving the truck. This move was more difficult because we did not have as much help. Basically when we arrived in Chicago, it was the three of us unloading a truck full. My friend Danny helped out when he could, but I can't expect people to re-arrange their life for us. But after many long days and much work the truck was unloaded and everything is in the apartment or storage facility.

Today, we will continue to work on unpacking and arranging furniture. But we do have beds up and the television on. Unfortunately, no knitting has progressed because of the busy schedule and it is back to work tomorrow.

Our first "home-cooked" meal in the apartment was breakfast. I made some home fries with carmelized onions, fried eggs with gray salt and english muffins. It was pretty good, but I would have added some bacon and parsley or green onions to the potatoes (forgot to buy). We have also baked frozen pizza, but that doesn't count for much.

I hope to get a new post up this week with some photos and an update on knitting projects, etc.

Not sure if Daring Baker will make an appearance this month or not...we'll see. It will be a good excuse to test out the new kitchen some more. Oh, and with our wonderful new neighbors, plenty of people to help us eat it up!

No comments: