Monday, September 29, 2008

I love "The Bean"

We are slowly but surely getting settled into life in Chicago. We still have some unpacking to do, but we'll get there.

This past weekend we decided to go downtown with our friend Danny, his friends Rob, Chris and Robert. We took the red line train to Millenium Park to see The Bean. I had no idea you could walk UNDER the bean. It was so cool. I know it's a bit quirky. However, it's silver and shiny. We walked under the bean and around it and took a few photos. The strapy metal thing to the left of the Bean is a Frank Gehry design...a concert pavilion...looks really cool.

Then we walked down Michigan Avenue to the John Hancock Center. We sat in the louge and have a few cocktails, enjoying the view and taking some photos.



I really enjoyed the company. We talked politics...WTF about Palin? Who even likes McCain? What did you think of the debate? etc. It was great. Granted my audience was pretty much agreeable to my point-of-view, but it was nice to talk among friends.

Now, I need to get over to You Tube to watch the SNL skit mocking Palin's interview with Katie Couric...then I need to watch the real thing for myself. I have heard that Tina Fey, once again, did a fabulous job impersonating this joke of a vice presidential candidate.

******************************************


Hat Attack update: I received my target's Work-In-Progress (WIP). It was just yarn...no Progress. I think I'm pretty much done with the novelty of this thing called Hat Attack. I have too many other things on my plate to be worrying about knitting hats for other people right now.


*sigh*

No comments: