Wednesday, March 10, 2010

damnit

I went an entire week and forgot to blog. Well not really. It wasn't for lack of trying. Stupid computer at work or maybe blogger was down when I did try earlier this week.

Anyway, quick update. I'm still knitting Skew. I am almost 1/2 way done with the 2nd sock. Trying to stick with it until they are done.

Oh, and I tried to buy a teeny-tiny crochet hook (1 MM) over the weekend. FAIL. I called ahead. I called a bead store, then called Arcadia Knitting. Arcadia said they had one. I said, Great. Should have said, Please Hold. Arrived the next day. Out. Of. Stock. Damnit. Arcadia said they are ordered and I asked if they would call when in-stock. She said Yes. So, here's to hoping she keeps her end of the deal.

Once I am in possession of said teeny-tiny crochet hook, I will immediately want to start working on Haruni. Wollmeise is caked and ready to go. Beads I purchased about 3 or 4 years ago are a perfect match. Size 4 Addi Lace needles are waiting. And an unfinished Skew sock won't stop me. Project monogamy will get kicked to the curb.

In the meantime, what did you think about OSCAR? It was kind of ho-hum for me. Loved that Hurt Locker beat the big-bad-wolf Avatar. Loved that a woman has finally busted THAT glass ceiling. Mixed feelings about Monique's backstage comments. Not really thrilled about Sandra Bullock's win. Don't get me wrong, I like her. But her body of work, nor the performance in The Blind Side (Hello? Kathy Lee Gifford impersonation), was worthy of an OSCAR. Jeff Bridges win wasn't surprising either. But I'm not a member of the Academy.

I am working on a lengthy post about Costa Rica and hope to have that up with photos over the weekend, so stay tuned...if you are reading!

No comments: