Wednesday, August 13, 2008

what is it about the "last word"?


I just do not understand all of the catty-ness that goes on in the Knitting World.

I guess it's that the majority of knitters are women. Why do we continue to progress the stereotype of all the cat-fights and overall bitchiness? I, for one, wish it would just stop!

I will cut some slack, in that, I will admit to my own bitchiness. And the anonymity of the WWW most likely contributes to some degree.

But, get over it! The world does NOT revolve around you.

On a popular social-networking site for knitters, someone replied to one of my messages with a I-don't-give-a-damn-about-other-people tone. I disagreed with her, and she didn't like it. Whatever. This is supposed to be a commmunity. We are supposed to support each other. I hear on the interwebs that in this same social-networking website, other knitters are pouncing on the uneducated and basically turning people away. That is NOT what this craft and community is supposed to be about.

I may need to re-consider my participation in this social-networking arena.

Well, here's the last word on Washcloths...at least for now.

Introducing...the lovely ROSE WASHCLOTHS.

Pattern: Rose Washcloth from The Chicks with Sticks Guide to Crochet
Yarn: Lily Sugar'n Cream, various colors from Stash
Size F Hook
Started: August 2, 2008
Completed: August 5, 2008
I made a total of 6. I will most likely send a set of 2 to 2 different friends and keep 2 for myself and our kitchen sink. Very quick to make. Normally, I'm not a huge fan of things that are "cute", but seriously, can you resist? Besides, I just was bored with a typical square washcloth...even with a new stitch pattern thrown into the mix.


No comments: