Monday, August 4, 2008

and here's where the knitting begins...

Sorry, for those of you coming here for food-related stuff, you're going to find knitting, too.

I guess you could say I like words that begin with F:
Food, Fiber, Fuc...Oops. Did you really think I would go there? Probably.

Anyway.

Here's what's been on the needles lately. I do have many works in progress...as noted in the sidebar. I'm a beginning blogger, so I'm working out the kinks; I wish my sidebar wasn't so lame. Anyone want to offer help here?

So, the coolest thing I've knit in a while would be iPhone Cozy. For those on Ravelry, find the pattern here. For the rest of the interweb here.



Super easy to knit up and very quick. The cast-on was a bit tricky...I was this type of cast-on virgin. B refers to it as a two-needle cast-on. I like the edge it creates. Not sure if that is a mistake, or on purpose. Hm.

Unfortunately, I ran out of yarn. Total bummer. I hate that word...bummer. Influenced by former-roommate-Heather, once upon a time, another story/another time. Getting back on track here, I really wanted to make the front pocket because I desperately need a place to store the headphones. I'm hoping someone can help me from their stash and send me a scrap of yarn to complete the front pocket.


Until then, it's a great little sock for my iPhone. I already have encased the thing with this. Bestskinsever is the same as InvisibleShield (at least that is what their website says). Pretty scratch resistant, but I like that the sock gives extra protection, sort of condom like.


Wow, this post has gone into the gutter.

No comments: